Determining which size dumpster is ideal for your cleanup job is critical. Renting a dumpster that’s too small can lead to overage charges and delays in clearing the unwanted junk from your house or place of business, and a too-large dumpster means you’re paying extra for dumpster space you simply don’t need. Roll-off dumpster sizes are measured in cubic yards and are typically offered as 10, 20, 30, or 40 cubic yard dumpsters. WRS Dumpster Rental offers the standard lineup and beyond, including 15-yard dumpsters.
Today, we’ll go over the most common dumpster rental sizes and what kinds of projects they can accommodate.
Selecting the Right Size Roll-Off Dumpster: Factors to Consider
Choosing the proper dumpster size is crucial in keeping your project on track and within budget. While our team is always at the ready to help you select a bin that’s just right, consider the following when choosing your roll-off dumpster rental:
- Type of debris: Whether it’s household junk or construction project debris, we’ll help you select the right container for whatever it is you’re tossing.
- Total volume: Generally, one cubic yard is equal to 5-6 13-gallon trash bags.
- Delivery location: Not surprisingly, different kinds of properties have varying amounts of space for a roll-off dumpster rental. While a commercial project may have a near-empty lot to utilize, residential properties need to consider how much clearance their driveway or street can provide.
10 or 15-Yard Dumpsters
A 10 or 15-yard dumpster can be appropriate for:
- Spring cleaning projects
- Attic and storage clean-outs
- Small landscaping projects
- Small bathroom or kitchen renovation projects
- Up to 20 squares of single-layer roofing shingles
Though these dumpsters are great for smaller areas, if you have a particularly tight space that the truck must navigate in order to place the dumpster, you may consider putting it in the street, if possible.
20-yard dumpsters are ideal for bigger-scale home projects, including:
- Full kitchen or bathroom remodel
- Flooring/carpet removal
- 400 sq ft. deck removal
- Construction dirt and concrete removal
- Siding replacement
- 40 squares of single-layer roofing shingles
20-yard containers, much like most roll-off dumpsters, feature a convenient door at one end that swings open for walk-in loading, which is especially beneficial for carrying or wheelbarrowing bulky items, including furniture, appliances, and debris.
30 to 40-Yard Dumpsters
Depending on the amount of debris you’re working with and the size of your home, a 30 or 40-yard dumpster can be just what you need to handle the following:
- Large home or building additions or new home construction
- Garage demolitions
- Sizable landscaping job
- Full-house remodel
- Massive trash removal project
- 60 squares of single-layer roofing shingles
These options are the upper tiers of maximum loading capacity and are designed to help you keep even the biggest job sites clear of debris.
Your project is important to you, which means it’s important to us! Whether you know just what size dumpster rental you need or would like to consult an expert, rest assured our experts are in your corner. For more information about dumpster rental in Maryland and beyond, reach out to our team today!